Leaving Phi Phi (Finally :D)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Elaine lotusElaine lotusElaine lotus

after a lovely crepe and beer.. desert on my 28th birthday!! actually not posing in lotus position perse... rather self protection from z mozzies!
well we finally left, and made it without incident (for once eh!!) to ko samui.

Have taken advantage of the cheaper internet here to update pictures etc. Most of these are from before paul was sick, we took a walk up to the viewpoint - you can see where the water just washed over the town in the tsunami in the photo... there used to be a lot more palm trees there but they've were cleared during and after the tsunami.

Also, walked to long beach, climbing over rocks and thru forested areas... and took a long tail boat back... Paul went thru a very energetic phase before he got sick... had me trapsing and trekking all over the island!!! Apart from the worry, the few days to read books and lounge by pool were a welcome relief!

We also began to document the various wildlife on the island... didnt know where to begin.

obviously our furry rabbit that used to bounce by when outside reading a book! There were numerous roosters that wandered free, monkeys on monkey beach, small medium and large geckos, a giant snail, a pet cat that used to come sleep on our
Long beach Long beach Long beach

After a big walk to long beach, and much sweat, Elaine insisted on taking boat back.. see picture of sturdy reliable transport in the background!!!
drying clothes, regular hopping frogs used to also pass by... never mind the clear tiny crabs on the beach, and poor lobstors, fishies and crabs on display outside the restaurants for ur dining pleasure..... and all of course all manner of spiders and UFO's!

We have a separate folder on the memory stick for our zoo collection!!!

That be all... next post i'm sure will be more interesting and may star humans!!! A couple of pictures, and rapid civilisation immersion and then on to ko tao!!!

Elaine and Paul
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Elaine Phi Phi LaiElaine Phi Phi Lai
Elaine Phi Phi Lai

See famous picture... from the film 'the beach' when they are contemplating the swim to the island.. there it is in the background... went on day trip there another day.. decided against swimming!
Elaine Long tail boatElaine Long tail boat
Elaine Long tail boat

Very happy Elaine, after Paul conceded that exercise was finished for the day, and we could get boat back!!!
Paul Long tail boatPaul Long tail boat
Paul Long tail boat

height of modern transport... and another 2 lazies with us!!! Paul only willing to walk!!!
Killer bunny rabbitKiller bunny rabbit
Killer bunny rabbit

Our favourite neighbour, gizmo
Elaine look out pointElaine look out point
Elaine look out point

Well half way up to look up point... before the endless steps... not for the faint hearted.. or lazy sunworshippers... photo actually taken on way day.. thus smiling Elaine... Sweaty Elaine not so pretty... or Happy!!
look out pointlook out point
look out point

See Main part of Ko phi phi below... tonsai beach, where tsunami washed over..
Paul and Elaine look out pointPaul and Elaine look out point
Paul and Elaine look out point

A little worse for wear after big climb! But very satisfying!!!
paul look out pointpaul look out point
paul look out point

Paul at another look out point... On way down, convinced a reluctant Elaine to take a side road back UP to another point!! Sweaty Sweaty.. hot hot hot!!
Elaine swingElaine swing
Elaine swing

ah sweet relaxing on swing on beach... well deserved rest after big hikes on my birthday... massage to follow shortly after!!!


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb