Day 9 - Koh Samui - Ang Thong Marine Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
April 26th 2007
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jungle Queen
Well today we were off Kayaking and Snorkelling at Ang Thong Marine Park - a very well trampled tourist path. We were picked up at around 7.30 and joint up with our mostly German tour group. We then took a two hour boat ride to the first kayaking location and went through the caves. After we jumped in for a bit of snorkelling although we had to avoid the jellyfish obstacles.

Lunch was followed by a boat ride to the Lagoon which the book 'The Beach' was based on. Then we went for a swim where I got stung by some weird mariney creature. Then back on the kayaks to paddle to the boat.

Apart from the stingy bit it was a great day.

Juggles
Today we did go kayaking/snorkelling as Hayley has described above, the kayaking was pretty easy just a leisurly paddle around a few rock formations I think i had set my expectations a little high so was somewhat disappointed by the rocks on offer. The snorkelling however was a little more exciting particularly being able to jump off the second level of the boat into the water before we started snorkelling.

Here i have to tell you about one not so young lady that was part of our tour group, at a guess i would have said she was in her 80's(Oh my buddha, I can't believe I completely forgot to mention this). When i first met her i though great good on her she's having a go i hope i'm doing that when i'm her age. It wasn't until we started kayaking that i was more then a little stunned by this lady. I'm still not sure what goes through some peoples minds but the sight of an 80 somthing year old women in a string bikini it now burnt on my retina. This women was as skinny as a rake, had clearly sunbathed a little too much in her youth, she looked like a wrinkled, leathery bag of bones, it's a sight i hope i never see again.

The second half of the day was just as relaxing as the first half more kayaking and swimming and as Hayley pointed out a visit to the Green Lagoon. This lagoon is a protected reserve no swimming, fishing in fact any human activity is allowed on the lagoon because of this protection the lagoon is spectacular, crystal clear water with amazing marine life that can be seen from the pier (the only access tourist are given to the lagoon).

I had a fantastic day!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb