day 14 - the begining of the end! Part 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

today was our last day of relaxing before we make our way home. today we just chilled out at the beach, snorkeled and ate. this evening we drink. i saw some cool fish while snorkling today. i dont know the names but i can describe them. i saw a black and white striped sea snake, loads of cool coral and colourful sea urchins.

it was an early breakfast again about half 7 and then to claim our beach loungers for the day. i opted for the shade under a tree as i didnt fancy burning back to ireland. michelle switched between the sun, sea and shade (oh ya, and her new book!). for lunch i had something new which michelle is going to have for dinner. it was rice with chicken,pineapple, rasins and egg all baked in the oven and served in a pineapple. perfect again. michelle had a cheese burger!

i thought it would be easy to go home after more than 2 weeks but its not. we have probably done more in these two weeks than must people would do in a life time of holidays.

we satyed in a rice barn in a jungle/forest setting, we saw amazing temples, we trekked mountains, met hill tribes, trekked on elephants, bamboo rafted down a river, did a thai cookery course, wandered the chiang mai sunday night market (and bargained), got thai massages, took 14 hour overnight train to bangkok, survived koh san road, saw the kings palace in bangkok, stayed in luxuries hotels, got more massages, did a bungee jump, stayed in a beach hut on a paradise island, ate the best food we could,fed and swam with hundreds of fishes all shapes, colours and sizes, kayaked up the coast of phi phi don, went to maya bay (where the beach was made), explored tropical islands and enjoyed each others company!(sometimes!).

chiang mai was amazing. its so friendly up there. its alot more relaxed than bangkok and there is so much to do up there. fern paradise where we stayed was unique. anyone going to chiang mai should make it there priority to stay there.

bangkok was full on but worth the experience. thats all its getting from me!

phuket was cool but we didnt see much. our hotel was to cool to leave

phi phi was amazing too. it would be unfair to compare it to chiang mai as they are completly different. both get 10 out of 10 from us. the place that we are staying in now Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort is picture perfect. everyone is so friendly and helpful. again if you are coming to phi phi you should definately stay here. the food is great here the beach is amazing and its so relaxed and easy going.

im gonna continue this later as its dusk and the midges/mossies are out in force and they are not going to win on my last day! talk soon

Advertisement



29th March 2008

Well done
HI, just have to say well done Darren, I feel I was on holiday with ye and have enjoyed reading up on your adventures every day. You have given a fantastic account of Thailand and given us a feel of what it is really like. Think you should apply for position with Rough Guide or one of the travel books or better again start your own. Safe journey home and looking forward to seeing ye. Will miss logging on every day to see what's been happening - it was as good as any "soap". See you soon

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb