day 12/13 - paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 27th 2008
Published: March 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

over the last few days we have done a fair bit of relaxing. lots of early mornings, long breakfasts, lots of lounging around! one thing about thailand is that the food is consistantly great. the only time it wasnt was when it was geared towards tourists i.e. western food. doing the cookery course in chiang mai really helped us understand the food and made picking things easier. (dad if you're reading they either put chilly in your food or give you chilly sauce with your dinner). we had deeped fried banana yesterday with sweet sticky milk and swore we were gonna make it when we got home. yesterday we hired a kayak/canoe for a few hours and went up the coast. the arguments were kinda funny, " you're doing it wrong, no you're doing it wrong" etc etc. that aside we had good fun and found some cool beachs only 10 metres long and no one on them. if people could of seen us they would of thought we were mad. i had michelle's spare shorts on my head for protection and looked a right ejit. as much as you try to cover up on sun screen its near impossible to get all areas. my knees got it bad again and the backs of my arms. michelle got her neck burnt too. the burns were nothing to bad but just enough to cause discomfort.

every night here after dinner we have a few drinks and are always the last to leave the bar. typical i can here ye say. well the time we leave is about half ten. not many drinkers round here!

today we took a day long tour of the islands and surrounding islands. spectactular is not the word. we snorkeled alot and got to swim with lots of different fishes, all shapes sizes and colours. at one place i took a piece of bread into the sea and had hundreds of different types eat it straight out of my hand. its scary enough as they come flying at you in their hundreds and you can feel them bite at your hands. aswell the water is about 4 or 5 metres deep that you are snorkling in so getting out quick isnt that easy!

we also saw maya bay (where the beach was filmed) and it was the closest thing to 'Lost' we came across. it is on the island of phi phi ley and has little footpaths leading through the island jungle.

michelle is having a ball and has a great colour too.

tomorrow is our last day here before we begin our long journey home. the day will invlove a lot of relaxing and enjoying the beach and sun. im gonna try to put pictures with this but if i cant ye can see them when we're home! bye for now

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb