day 15 - the begining of the end! Part 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 29th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

they say sequels are always rubbish so i hope this lives up to the previous entry! we are now in phuket airport waiting for our flight to bangkok. we were starved when we got here and burger king was the closest thing to nice food. the fella behind me ordered in a strong dublin accent, so i thought it was gods way of trying to re-climatise me. (michelle has sniffed out dunkin doughnuts already!) recently it's been hard to put photos up on this blog as the net is either to slow or they wont let me connect my camera. im not asking the next time!

anyway to continue on from the last blog about thailand.

things we will miss:
no shoes or socks, taking off shoes going into restuarants or houses, the food, the weather, friendly people, good friendly service, the thai smile (it has to be the worlds biggest). there are many more as well that we cant think of right now.

things we wont miss:
michelle says they weather drove her hair crazy, sometimes it can be sticky (not her hair, the weather!), the daily routine of applying all different types of mosquitio repellent (it worked though) michelle reckons i should talk to the US army my defences are so good!

heres my thoughts on thailand and in no way represents the views of the website and its affiliates!

Air Asia:
this airline was modeled on ryanair but we now think it should be the other way around. the difference is air asia do it with smile. ryanair has been good to us and will be good to us but a smile costs nothing!

Public Transport:
its non-existant from a tourist point of view. its there but difficult to figure out. im sure with more than two weeks holidays it could be figured out.

Taxis:
they seem to have some sort of monoply and can be expensive but the odd time are great value.

Value for money:
your euro will go real far here. prices arent relative though and can vary greatly.

Smile:
i know some peope reading this that know me will say im gone bit mad and soft in the head but, the thai smile is unreal. everyone has this big friendly warm smile that we've never really seen before. i've read that its a cliche but its deinatley true.

People:
every one is so helpfull and kind. they go out of their way to help you at every oppertunity

Irish:
there are not so many from what we could see over here. maybe they just were not where we were but ( i thought id never say this) you miss them some times! there were a lot of french and scandanavian people here and they are just not the same craic!

Mosquitios:
darren 1 mossies 0
after alot of research i decieded to us everyones method and it worked. 50% deet, avon so-soft skin, homeopathic remedies, wrist bands and vitamin B! i dont know which oe did it but it worked!!

Sunburn:
each day brought a new burnt part to the body. what happened was that i was concentrating on the previous days burn too much and then getting burnt somewhere else. i currently look like a national flag. toe to ankle is brown. ankle to lower knee is stripy. knee to lower thigh is red. lower thigh to stomach is as white as ever. stomach is pink. a dark red v shape where my t-shirt was. brown arms to above the elbow and red on my shouders! no different to any paddy exposed to the sun!

Michelle:
i dont know how she puts up with me!

The good:
Thailand in general. to many things to name them.

The bad:
the weather! only jokin. only havin two weeks

The ugly:
Michelle says the weather effect on her hair.

pictures will follow in a few hours. we are curently in bangkok killing time.

the big question is though:

WHERE NEXT..........??















Advertisement



20th April 2010

Thanks so much for the Thailand Blog. Going there for 4 weeks at the end of the year and you have given me some great ideas and tips for planning my route. I defo won't be staying in bangkok for too long ;-)

Tot: 0.394s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 26; qc: 134; dbt: 0.153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb