Hi5 your way to happiness - Koh Lanta Paradiso


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 12th 2014
Published: November 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Koh Lanta



Ripping around the mental roads on this island is more fun than it should be. The use of the scooter is great to explore and also to be free from walking on the roads and away from the Tuk Tuk death traps. The sense of being completely at peace is soo strong on a small island like this. There is no work, bills, idiots or hassle anywhere to be seen and it is great, life is simple and I think it is the best I have ever experienced. No work, no home, no worries! Everyone is very friendly and the smile goes a long way even though the language breakdown is tough, when you think you are getting somewhere with a conversation you end up just making things difficult and some one else gets drafted in to try and understand what’s being discussed, Scottish gadgie talk doesn’t even make sense in a land where boys are girls and bugs are eaten on sticks.



Beaches are filled with scenic views at every angle, places to chill are littered just where you need them, from Bamboo bay to Long beach this place boasts many delights to savour. The food is the freshest and most delicious I have ever tasted. Baby pepper and garlic chicken, Pad Thai chicken, marinated pork on sticks, fried rice with spring onion and chillies are just a sample of taste sensations that make you want more.



The island bursts into action at sunrise and the sunsets are splendid moments of jaw dropping beauty. We were only to stay here for a few days but it almost feels like our home, with excellent help from Da at Lomla Lanta and warm welcomes from most places makes this a trip to remember and struggle to get excited about leaving.



Life is simple on Koh Lanta and the cost for paradise is cheap, 200 Baht = £4 for lunch and dinner, 80p a litre of fuel that lasts too long in a moped, Tuk Tuk across the island for £2 and mouth-watering fresh fruit juices for 30 Baht which is less than £1 all amounts to a champagne life style on the lemonade income!


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb