Gone are the Scooter Fears!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 15th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday to Tam Tam!!!!!! You Old Spinster You!!!!!!

Today I woke up feeling alot better- Plus I knew I would get to hopefully speak to one of my best friends as it was her birthday- so she would be getting a Special little Birthday Wish!

Me and Vix had chatting about trying me on a scooter again!!! The roads are much flatter here and not made of dirt tracks which helps!!!! So thats what we did............... and hey hey- I got up and running on one and o my gosh I loved it!!!! (Mum so gald I back date these as you do worry- but its been and gone and all is fine- if I move to London want to invest in a Vesper! Don't like the thought of helmit hair at home though!)

Me and Vix ventured off to discover more about the island- there isn't that much actully!!! We found a Mosque, a few very remote beaches and we had lunch in a nice place which was on a huge hill and the table overlooked onto the coastline and the islands we were hopefully going to do a trip to tomorrow. We later came across Little Lanta Town, which was like something off a movie set, a John Wayne movie........ had to keep reminding myself that these were real people who really lived in places like this- it was very sad really as at home we take these luxuries totally for granted. There were Tsunami evacuation site signs everywhere, it looked like this area had been hit quite bad but later I was told that it hardly damaged! The houses were very poor, rickety and disheveled- maybe they have always been like this- which makes it even more sad.

We headed back as we could hear a storm in the distance, got caught in a bit of rain but not much.

Vix cousin Louisa and Timmy had made it over from Krabi and were staying at the same place as us so met up with them.

Me and Vix did a bit of shopping on the way to return our scooters and booked our tickets for the boat trip we were going to do tomorrow.

Had a really good day today- overcome the fear of scooters and seen alot of the island- A good day all round!!!!! xxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th February 2006

Aye up Becks, Thanks for the updates, just thought you should know I am 37 today also!!!!! Less of the old bird spinster though thank you. Keep enjoying yourselves. I am very envious. Love Sue xxx
16th February 2006

loved all your latest mews,walt is very photogenic. loved the one of you on the scooter,had a little giggle at that one.mum.xxxxxx
17th February 2006

Dear Sue....................
Happy belated birthday you old trout!!!!! He He! Hope you had a great day xxx

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb