Rain, rain go away...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 26th 2009
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Blah blah new pics blah blah.

This morning was raining gumdrops! Seriously, the drops were huge as they splattered on the tin roof of our small bungalow. Adam and I were afraid the rain was going to last the remainder of our four days here in Ko Lanta. Being stuck in a room with Adam for four days? No!!!!!!!!!!!! Get me on the next ferry to Ko Phi Phi if this were to happen. Just kidding! But luckily there was blue sky behind the ominous storm clouds and the rain cleared up to provide us with the most beautiful ocean water ever. The rain cleared away all of the mud and plankton in the ocean, so we were left with clear turquoise water for miles away from shore. This was a definitely plus for Adam who was going on a scuba dive tour the next day. Me? There was not a chance I would join the mission! Being under water where sharks can get me is my worst nightmare. I was resolved to stay onshore to read my book, listen to my iPod, treat myself to a Thai massage and eat mango pancakes.
Adam and I also decided to upgrade our accommodations from a small bungalow to what seems to be a palace fit for a king! It was an extra $200 for the remaining four nights we were to stay in Ko Lanta, but so worth it for the bathroom that was triple the size of the bathroom in our bungalow. No more sharing of the shower stall with the toilet! Also, the new digs have air conditioning and are completely sealed. What do I mean by completely sealed? Our former housing was basically a tree house built with wooden boards. There were cracks in between the boards where the mosquitoes could sneak through. Also, the curtains didn’t completely cover up the windows, so there was one moment as Adam was changing that his bare bottom was exposed for all passersby to see! The new place is a concrete structure with nice tile flooring. The curtains cover up 100%!o(MISSING)f the windows and we now have a television to watch awesome Thai music videos!
Dinner was amazing. After taking a mile long stroll along the beach under the clear midnight sky, we settled in at a restaurant by the beach that boasted of the best bbq fish. We feasted on bbq’d tuna with rice and red curry. The fish was a steal at only 200 bhat ($6)! With our tummies full and happy, we walked back to our room under the star filled sky.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb