Blue Skies, Palm Trees.. Welcome to Ko Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 25th 2009
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

More new pics have been added to picasa! Click here and here for our updated pics.

We finally made it to Ko Lanta! It took us a day of travelling to get here, but it was well worth the effort. After spending all night in the Bangkok airport, we were able to finally check-in at 5AM. We got our breakfast at the airport cafeteria, explored the terminals and settled down at our gate three hours ahead of flight departure. After arriving at the Krabi airport, we were bombarded by taxi drivers fighting over us like hungry hawks for our business. We decided to go with a shuttle that took us directly to the Krabi pier. On this shuttle we met the most interesting backpacker from Scandinavia who was travelling to Ko Phi Phi to enjoy some spear fishing. He brought his spear too! One thing about Thailand is that you’ll meet a lot of single backpackers who have travelled the world. Their adventures are wonderful to listen to, and you find yourself wanting to work outside of the states just so you can get the six week standard vacation that they get to explore the continents. A lot of travelers we talked to were surprised our trip was only going to last two weeks since their plans were to stay in Thailand for at least a month. A month!! I would love to have a month vacation to do nothing by wonder the world!

The ferry ride to Ko Lanta was magical. There’s nothing like chilling on the front deck of a small boat with your iPod being surrounded by nothing but clear blue water that is as calm as glass. The sun though was pretty harsh as it was bearing down on us; I felt like a bagel in a toaster oven. I had sunblock on, but it still didn’t do any good on the three hour trip to Ko Lanta. Oh well. I’ll be coming home with a nice tan! =)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.3kb