I want to live here!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 11th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys!

So for the last 5-6days weve been On Koh Lanta and again we havnt really been up to much apart from relaxing on the beach! The journey here was just a quick boat ride from Koh Phi Phi, at the pier we arranged to go and check out some accomadation on Klong Nin Beach, it was good and we booked to stay for 3 nights and then ended up staying for 5! It was a quiet area, well compared to Phi Phi, which was nice. We had another cute little bungalow to stay in, the place had a decent resturant and a beach bar, they had a massage area set up right on the beach, so when it was too hot to be out in the sun you could just go get a massage and listen to the sea! you dont need more than that! We made friends with a few Norweigan girls and spent most evenings with them having good food and drinking cocktails!

On our last full day on the island we thought we better do a bit more than lounge around so we booked on a tour of Hat Chao Mai National park, you visit several good snorkelling sites and stop off for lunch on a nice beach, the usual boat trip thing! We chose to go by longtail boat as there are less people on them and we had enjoyed being on them over the last few weeks! We must have picked the worst morning to go out on the open sea in a longtail, it was terrible! The sea was so rough the boat was catching air and slamming back down on the water and then rolling from side to side! I seriously thought we were going to capsize, water was pouring in over the sides, all 10 passengers look very scared! The guy sailing the thing was fighting with it for about an hour until we got closer to land and then it just went all calm all of a sudden. The beaches and snorkelling were great but all day I was thinking "shit we have to get back" in a tiny wooden boat, I was thinking about jumping on a speedboat but the Thai guy that worked on our boat assured me that it wouldnt be as rough on the way back and he was right it was fine! when we reached dry land, me and caz along with a swdish girl called Anna who we met that day headed straight for the bar!

So we leave Koh Lanta tomorrow and Im really sad to go, I really love it here, its just so relaxed, theres plenty to do if you want but you can also walk for 5 mins down the beach and have the place to youself!

Our next stop is probably going to be Koh Tao on the other coast. we were thinking of going to Koh Jum which is the next island along from Lanta but its meant to be really, really quiet and we couldnt find a place to stay with AC that was within our budget!! So we have a few days of stop start travelling to go. Were getting a bus back to Krabi tomorrow and from there getting to Surat Thani and then back on a another boat the next day to Koh Tao or maybe Koh Pha Ngan.

Will blog again soon!!xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb