Where has the sunshine gone?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 6th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Ko Phi Phi!!

Id like to say from the sunshine but weve been abit unlucky with the weather since we left Bangkok!

We took a flight down to Krabi on sunday morning and stayed overnight in a place called Ao Nang, that afternoon we had a huge down poor and our first glimpse of a Thai beach was abit disapointing! So as I couldnt go and relax on a beach i decided to go and get my hair braided, thinking that it would then be low maintainence for the next few week! Il try and put some pics on and you can make up your own minds about the look! It didnt last very long, I got so pissed off with the beads swinging everywhere!

On monday morning we hopped on a ferry to take us over to Ko Phi Phi, the Island was made famous in the Movie The Beach and of course hit headlines again after the 2004 Tsunami flattened it. I wasnt sure that it was going to be my kind of place, but it wasnt as busy as we thought it was going to be and we found accomadation really easily, so a few nights turned into 5 and Caz ended up doing her Open Water Diving course here. I got to have a few chilled days lying by the pool, having a massage and going out on the dive boat with Caz to Snorkel in the mornings. The weather was on and off cloudy with few cracking thunder storms, but have managed to top up the tan between the showers!

It was our last day on Ko Phi PHI today and we spent it relaxing on Long Beach, I feel like theres nothing really more to write, after being so busy and having lots of stories to tell whilst in India, Chilling on beaches isnt really as exciting. But it is just what we need!

Well thats it for now, next stop is Ko Lanta, were hopping on a ferry first thing in the morning!

Lots of Love
kelxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb