Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 14th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

Well as you can see we decided on heading to Koh Tao, were going to spend some time here and then head back to Koh Samui via Koh Pha Ngan for our flight on the 23rd! Time is flying - were off to Cambodia in 10days time!!!

Getting here was a bit of a pain in the arse! We got to krabi at around lunchtime on thursday and then started trying to figure out how we were going to get here, one option was a van and a night ferry, which our friend Anna had been on and she said she felt like she was a cow and that it was terrible, that wasnt an option so we decided to hop on a bus to Surat Thani and get a boat from there, its the main jumping off point for the Islands in the Lower Southern Gulf. So we got to Surat at about 6.30pm, consulted to map for the travel agents so we could book our boat ticket for the next day and also somewhere to stay for the night, trudged across town with our packs to find it was shut. Bugger, no boat ticket and no bed. We consulted the good old lonely planet once more and managed to find a half decent sounding place to stay (Surat is a shithole) and after a fun ride in a sawngthaew got there in one piece! We were directly opposite a tesco lotus and just had to go in and see what things from home they had!! we were like a pair of kids!

We managed to find out what times the boats went and got a cab to the meeting point in the morning, then got herded onto a bus for an hour and then transfered onto a boat, which stopped at several other places before reaching where we wanted to be! And the best bit is that when we did get here at 3pm all the beach huts on the 2 main beaches were full (everyone flocked here after the full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan and a group of us had to get a cab (which is an open pick up truck with seats in the back) and go halfway across the island to find somewhere to stay! After a couple hours we all got a bed so its all fine! We then had to have a few beers to celebrate!

So were going to be here for the next few days at least, think we might go out snorkelling tomorrow and caz might do some diving! dont worry we will keep ourselves occupied!!

miss you all kelxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb