Kantiang Bay


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 10th 2007
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the balcony at the PimalaiOn the balcony at the PimalaiOn the balcony at the Pimalai

We have just arrived and received our flower garlands.
Thanks again for the messages, keep them coming.

After lots of research we decided to travel two thirds of the way down Ko Lanta to Kantiang Bay as we really fancied some peace and quiet. We booked into Lanta Marine Park View and got a bungalow which was OK and clean (bathroom a little basic), but with a stunning view over the bay, a long stretch of soft sand. We settled down to sleep and discovered at midnight that this really wasn't the place for peace and quiet as we were sandwiched between 3 bars (one belonging to our resort) which had escalated in volume. A complaint to our bar didn't go down well and after a sleepless night, when we discovered we were also sharing the bungalow with the most enormous cockroach (which is no more) we had to move out.

We wanted to stay on Kantiang Bay and decided that our only option was to considerably upgrade the accomodation and book into the Pimalai Resort (www.pimalai.com). It was a little on the pricey side, but so so worth it. The staff are excellent, really friendly and helpful, and the grounds (which are massive) are very well kept
Relaxing in the room.Relaxing in the room.Relaxing in the room.

Our room is very comfortable and spacious.
and tranquil. They transfer you to your room in a golf buggy. We were greeted with a flower garland (first time for everthing) and our room is just fantastic, although we did have to move due to a noisy air-conditioning terminal. There are two infinity pools (stunning) and everyone is very civilised. We are trying our best to behave. There are also not too many children, so not much noise of that type either. We can't rate this place highly enough and may come back later in our travels. The breakfasts are unbelievable. They also give you complimentary water sports so I have been out in a Kayak and am now recovering from stiff arms and shoulders. The only downside about the bay is that there is no good snorkelling, but we hope the next island will provide that.

We are off to a small Island called Koh Ngai tomorrow for 4 nights and then we'll see what and where we fancy next.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Relaxing in the bath!Relaxing in the bath!
Relaxing in the bath!

Bath with a view.
A new bath with a view.A new bath with a view.
A new bath with a view.

Our second room.
View from new room.View from new room.
View from new room.

We have a better view of the bay.
Kantiang BayKantiang Bay
Kantiang Bay

You can see the Pimalai resort going up the hill.
Waterfall feature in gardens.Waterfall feature in gardens.
Waterfall feature in gardens.

The landscaping is wonderful as it incorporates so many of the existing trees.
Lower infinity pool.Lower infinity pool.
Lower infinity pool.

A great place to relax.
Upper infinity pool.Upper infinity pool.
Upper infinity pool.

This is 50 metres long with great views. It even has a jacuzzi right on the edge.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb