Time to Chill in the Land of Smiles .


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 10th 2023
Published: February 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Three and a half days after leaving home we're now on Ko Lanta. Three flights, three taxis and one minivan.
We've been dreaming of returning for the last three years so happy to be back finally.
As we're planning to stay for a few weeks were taking things quite slowly. It's just so nice to be experiencing warm, or should I say hot, weather. No putting on layers of clothing before leaving home. Here we just slide our feet into flip flops and go.
Everyone walks around with a smile on their face as if they've not a care in the world. It's very infectious.

So now it's time to chill out.

Firstly we wake up to the sound of some nearby chickens clucking away around 6.30am, as they quieten down there's a bird with a very shrill, monotonous call in a tree nearby when he's had enough and quietens down the cicardas begin their merry noise.
Non of this is annoying , it just reminds us we are waking up in a kind of paradise.

So far, after a leisurely breakfast, we've spent most of our days strolling along the beach to the far end where there's a rocky section and finding a shady spot.

After relaxing on the sand for a while we go snorkelling around the rocks. The sea is a beautiful temperature, not cold at all.

There's no shortage of restaurants and bars along the beach near Besthouse, our home for the next few weeks. It's a perfect place to sit and watch the sun as it dips below the horizon over the sea turning the sky fiery red.

After dinner in a beach side restaurant, we finish the evening meeting other travellers outside the mini mart or enjoying live music in the Irie Bar.

Leaving the main road and travelling/ walking down the dusty lane, known as ' Travellers Lane', that leads to the beach and bungalow resorts, there's a whole array of rustic bars. You feel instantly transported back in time to how I imagine Thailand was back in the 60s.
Scroll down to the photos to get the idea of how life is here right now.
One word sums it up.....chilled!




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Petrol stationPetrol station
Petrol station

I did say it was like being back in time!
A little further along is Long Beach garden resortA little further along is Long Beach garden resort
A little further along is Long Beach garden resort

A new resort that seems to have sprung up after the pandemic.
Looking from the upper floor of Besthouse to the seaLooking from the upper floor of Besthouse to the sea
Looking from the upper floor of Besthouse to the sea

You can see over the rooves of Somewhere Else's bungalows.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb