Tree Top walks and Monkey Invasions.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
February 22nd 2018
Published: February 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

After a week of relaxing on a beach soaking up the sun it was time to seek adventure.
Before the sun was barely up we were humping on a mini bus to the inland area of Koh Sok national park renowned to be one of the oldest rain forests in the world
The scenery on the way was pretty amazing with tall lime karsts towering up at the side of the road.

We are staying in the resort appropriately named Jungle Huts. Our hut is high up reached by a very dodgy flight of steps. Think we'll have to lay off the beer if we want to staty in one piece!
The breakfast area of our resort is also raised meaning great views of the mountains covered in early morning mist while eating.

The first morning we explored the pathways around our resort and came across a canopy walkway very high up in the trees. Determined to get up there to take in the views we paid the entrance fee only to regret it moments later. I am not good with heights and the ladder type steps just went up and up , five flights in all. Each time I reached the next platform I felt myself getting increasingly dizzy. Stan on the other hand was going great despite his recent knee surgery. What a trooper! With a sigh of relief I made it to the top, once up there it didn't feel so bad and the views were worth the effort.

Early afternoon back at the hut we sat relaxing in the cool of the fan when a movement caught my eye on the verandah. Monkey! I'd left an empty cashew nut packet wrapped tightly in a plastic bag hanging near the window. Quick as a wink it was up there tugging away at the bag. We clapped loudly and it jumped onto the rail then looked at us with a defiant look on it's face before reaching over again, grabbing the bag and pulling with all it's might. The bag came away and the packet fell out, it picked it up and proceeded to tear it open and lick the inside. Too late the message got around and we were invaded with several, peering through the door and windows.
Lesson learned: Don't even leave empty food wrappers around where monkeys are concerned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb