Velcome to Khao Lak


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Lak
October 17th 2012
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the evening at Khao Lak, it was cooler than Bangkok as there was a breeze from the coast "ha ha, they are playing animal noises through speakers here" Joe said to me, I laughed and thought he will work it out soon enough.

Khao Lak coast is a rainforest area, the hotel is built within the rainforest and we have the sounds of birds, baboons and barking deer as well as crickets and frogs at night. we also soon came to realise that we could not have come to a more German part of Thailand if we had tried, we were greeted by Thai staff in German on a daily basis!

Khao Lak coast was the hardest hit in the massive tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004, many of the people living and working there have lost family and friends and it is easy to forget these tradegies. Khao Lak relies on tourism for its economy.

On the first morning we went to the beach where we left our towels in the shade and headed into the water, I went for a walk down the beach, I turned to walk back and saw Joe running towards me, it was not the same as the romantic movies, I did not run into his arms and then we embrace - oh no I was greeted with " where were you? ive been stung!" we headed to the bar to ask for First aid, or a doctor or nurse yet no one knew what I was saying until Joe said sting "ahhh Jellyfisha" said the lady who put an ointment on Joes leg.

we avoided the beach after that which was probably a good thing as Joe was burnt badly, so instead we spent time in and around the pool, we did an elephant trek the next day and fed an elephant with many bananas.

we did some more swimming and relaxing I had a massage and we did some more swimming and had plenty of drinks in the bar

This week was our RELAX week and Joe had to force me to relax as I am not a relax person.

We paid a visit to Phuket Town where we saw the vegetarian festival, people eat only vegetarian food in praise for the vegetarian god and they self mutilate. We asked a taxi driver to take us to a restaurant, it was awful, the waitresses seemed put out that we were there and slammed things on the table. The chicken seemed a bit scary so we rushed and got out fast.

We both had a massage on the beach looking over the andaman sea along with my manicure and pedicure all of it cost less than £18 - what a fab price.

we watched our final sunset on the beach, it was beautiful, we did decide to watch it while sitting in the sea but we started having little fish jumping at us so we got out fast!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb