More Aonang

Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
February 17th 2018
Published: February 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Monday 12 February 2018

Weather hot and hazy.

Woke about 9 am. Left the room about 11 am and strolled to the port area to people watch for a while. Then off for some beach time.

We went to the end of the Aonang beach to our usual place. Lots of people here, with the beach bars behind and vendors selling drinks and various foods on the beach.

We did the usual of cooling off now and again in the water, but after a couple of hours decided to finish.

On the way back we both had sandwiches in Cafe 8.98 for our lunch.

Back to the room for 2.30 pm and a quiet afternoon.

Around 7 pm we strolled out and went people watching. The ladyboys were in the street and Pat wanted a picture, tonight I had my camera, so we went over had pictures taken and paid 200 Baht to do so. Very friendly and all good fun.

Neither of us was particurlarly hungry so we had drinks in Jose and returned to the room about 10 pm.

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Alarm set for 7.45 am. Trip out today, pick up 8.30 am from hotel.

Weather hot and sunny.

Alarm went off and we were out and waiting for the bus by 8.25 am. Lots of other people waiting for other trips and various transports.

Ours arrived, a minibus, nearly full and off we went. We had assumed the boat would be from nearby but we drove for over an hour and ended up at a place called Thalen.

It was an actual speed boat and nine of us were on it. He said 40 minutes to the next stop and we headed off at high speed.

Our first stop was so called James Bond Island were some of the 1974 film The Man with the Golden gun was filmed. It is very recognisable. Tourists everywhere.

Next stop was canoeing, for those that had booked it. Not for us. We simply hung around on an old car ferry now static and used as the canoe base. While they went off and came back.

Then off to Koh Pangyee floating village for our lunch, which was very nice. A buffet style with Thai food.. Again tourists by the score. Many, many Chinese. We had alook around the back streets of the village.

Then our 40 minute return journey, first to Hong Island, where we changed boats and then back to Thalen for 3.15 pm. Into the minibuses and we got back at 4.10 pm.

An enjoyable day for £40 each for all the things we did.

We were hungry, but tired, so about 8 pm we opted for a short walk and quick feed at the McDonalds across the road and some supplies at the 7eleven.

Wednesday 14 February 2018

A quiet day after our trip yesterday. Weather hot and sunny.

We left the room at 11 am and strolled along looking at shops and people. Eventually we got to the Black Canyon Coffee place and had drinks and sandwiches. Again more strolling and Pat eventually managed to buy a dress.

Stopped in Jose for more refreshments and back in the room at 2.10 pm. Didn't seem quite so many people around this morning.

It was Valentines day and Pat had been keeping her eye out for a better restaurant for our meal tonight. Jenna's was the front runner.

We left the room about 8 pm and managed to get a table as it was very busy. Pat had a steak and I had a rack of ribs. Pat had a fancy cucumber gin, so was happy. After an alcoholic ice coffee for Pat and a mango parfait for me we had a walk up to the beach and back. In the room sometime after 10 pm. An expensive meal, but well worth it.

Thursday 15 February 2018

I had a mind to do a walk today and Pat was happy with that, so we left the room about 11 am and headed up to the coast.

There was no particular destination in mind and we followed the road where it took us.

The weather was hot and sunny and our first stop was at a small bar down a side road that we had meandered.

Our general direction was Noppharat Thara beach and our second stop was at a resort sandwich bar. I had an all day breakfast and Pat had waffles. Also I tried a Lavender soda was was tasty.

Off we wandered and walked most of the full length of the beach, taking in the sights. Then turned round and headed back. Another stop this time at the resort Buri bar for a beer and a lemonade. Then the long hike home. We returned about 3 pm.

The rest of the day was quiet.

Friday 16 February 2018

We left the room about 10.30 am and headed for the coast. A slow stroll looking around and being nosey. Eventually we stopped for refreshments at Anchor Blue, a small Chang and a Sprite. We hadn't eaten to much yesterday so decided on Cafe 8.98 and something European in style. Pat had the spaghetti bolognaise and I had the spaghetti carbonara. My drink today was the strawberry soda.

We did some shopping forbits and pieces and back in the room for 2.30 pm.

I had in mind to try a place called Boat Noodle for our dinner. It looked a simple place and neither of us was looking for a big meal. Last time we went past it was shut. We went about 7.30 pm and it was generally busy on the street. A lot of Chinese celebrating New Year.

A short walk down the road and Boat Noodle was open. Although there is a counter front, whichpeople eat at, there are seats and tables upstairs and behind.

Pat ordered fried noodles and roasted chicken, I ordered sweet chicken and rice. Mine was lovely and Pat had a big plate of food. With drinks the cost was 260 baht (£6).

Then a walk up to the coast and a general stroll. In the room for 9.30 pm.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0127s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb