TUK-TUK-BABY!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
October 6th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

First flight!First flight!First flight!

Stockholm to London. Julian sleeping...
We arrived in Bangkok 29th of September. The flight was long, 2 ½ h to London and then 11 h to Bangkok. We had another baby next to us, a little girl who was a couple of months older and many kilos lighter… We tried to put Julian to sleep and then put him down in the bassinet they have attached on the wall in front of your seat but he only slept for a little while and then wanted me to come. We walked around with him, took turns, and then I held him while he slept. Was so tired after the flight!! But we made it… 
We stayed in Bangkok at a really nice place called Suk 11, in one of the many small sois (lanes) off Sukhumvit Rd. It is like a backpacker place but with all different kinds of rooms. As we are travelling with a little baby we need to stay with A/C and that seems to take us away from where we used to stay while travelling.
We noticed that when we came up to Chiang Mai. We took a flight to avoid the long bus ride (well worth that money! Only 700 kr/140
BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

First day in Chiang Mai, we slept till 11 and missed the hotel breakfast.. ops.. :)
AUS/3400 BAHT for the 3 of us) Christopher had booked a room at Julies Guesthouse. We arrived and everything was SO good until we noticed that the A/C was missing… hmm…and they only had a fan, but we decided to try it during the day but after some hours we realized that it wasn’t going to work for Julian. We took a walk and were recommended a hotel/guesthouse called Parasol Inn. The price was higher but the standard AMAZING. That kind of place you could never afford in one of the western countries. We stayed there for 4 nights.
In Chiang Mai we didn’t really do much for the first days. Julian and Christopher still had colds and I started to feel tired. We took some time to relax and take care of Julian. Then we found a nice silver shop, Nova, where they had classes in silver work. The next day I created my first piece of jewellery! I had classes between 10.30-12.30 and 13.30-15. Julian and Christopher walked in the morning to a temple, Wat Phra Singh, where Julian played around on a huge red carpet. He loved it and instantly made new thai friends. People are SO friendly towards him. I never imagined it to be like this. Everywhere we go people come up to talk to him, touch him, play a bit or a little kiss. But in general people are amazingly nice. I can only compare to India ,where people wouldn’t speak to me coz I was a woman, or Guatemala, where most men wants to sleep with you or sell you something. Thailand is the first place where the majority of men and women just come up to me for a conversation. Later in the evening we went to the famous night bazaar, full of lots of little stalls selling everything from clothes to food to fabrics to ornaments, buddhas, beautiful lamps, music, etc… and even little traditionally dressed women selling frog sounding wooden doo daas!!

Chris continues writing…

Yesterday, 5th, we came to a small town in the mountains called Pai. It took a 3 and a half hour mini-bus from Chiang Mai along the very windy mountain roads to get here. Julian handled it pretty well, cracking it only a few times when trying to fall asleep. Frederica did most of the holding while I was trying to be the entertainer. Towards the end he was sleeping on my shoulder while Frederica was trying not to be sick. The roads were really really windy! (Never try breastfeeding in the back of a mini-bus where you go quickly to your right n left… baby goes everywhere and doesn’t like it!)

On Sunday I will head back to Chiang Mai to begin a 2 week thai massage course at the 40 year old, and very well respected Old Medicine Hospital. Over the next few days Frederica will decide whether Julian and herself will come back to Chiang Mai with me or stay here in Pai for a week. It is very relaxed up here and we are staying at a guest house over looking the Pai river.

All 4 now!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Friends everywhere!Friends everywhere!
Friends everywhere!

Kind people playing with Julian while the parents have their breakfast


8th October 2006

Wiii!!
Underbart med travelblogg!! Härligt att ni har det bra. Tänker på er Kram till er alla!
14th October 2006

Miss you.
Roligt att se att allt har gått bra. Onsdagarna är inte det samma utan er. Här börjar det bli höstruskigt, så ni behöver inte längta tillbaka till Sverige än ;o) Massor av kramar till er alla tre från mig, Gustav & Fredrik.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb