Sukhothai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
February 21st 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oh my god! It is ridiculously hot and humid!! It's about 35 degrees, but they have forecast thunder this afternoon and it is very heavy and stuffy, bleugh!!
We went to Wat Arun on Thursday, it's very impressive. We climbed up the extremely steep steps then i felt sick because i knew I had to get back down them! I managed though : ) and the temple was worth seeing. We got ripped off on the way there though, Matt insisted on getting a tuk-tuk there, which we paid 250baht for (about five pounds) because matt said it was really far away. I realised it wasn't that far away, and got us home for 6 baht (about 12p) boat ride and a 15 minute walk!
We stayed on Khao San Road again, and stayed in playing scrabble because it was too sticky and hot to move too far!

Yesterday, we had a mad journey out to Sukhothai. We got on the sky train to the bus terminal which was ace, got a really good, birds-eye view of Bangkok. Then we got on a government bus from Bangkok to Sukhothai which took 7 hours. We were the only white people on the bus so we got lots of attention and the bus driver was really nice to us and made sure we got off at the right stop!

And now we are here, it's not the nicest place, we are in New Sukhothai at the moment which is busy and dirty. It's a lot cheaper than everywhere we have been so far though. Last night we found a restaurant called poo restaurant!! So we had tea there. Today we were going to old Sukhothai to see all the ruins and the old temples, (this place is the old capital of Thailand so there is a massive historical park) but Matt is ill so he's in bed resting. It's too hot to walk very far and New Sukhothai is not the most charming of places so I am spending the day in the restaurant of the guesthouse using the cheap internet!

Advertisement



21st February 2009

hellooooo!
Well the restaurant name said it all!!!!!!! Hope Matt is feeling a lot better now after a day of water!!!! I have had a sleep and back in at 4pm so will look out on facebook for you!!!!! Mind you will get off at 11pm tonight so you will still be asleep! Lovely speaking to you again and keep us up to date on the patient!!!! Speak sooooooo! XXXX
7th March 2009

keep on trekking
hi you are both doing very well and havin a great time by the sounds of it we went out last week for gemmas birthday we all got drunk and had a good laugh. dad is decorating the hall at the moment and I am cooking the tea we bought the bridesmaids dresses last week for the three little ones they look sooooo cute in them. gemma is making her invitations at the moment all is coming together nicely now.. keep on havin fun and adventures lots of love mum bev

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb