Day 8


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
January 14th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pai is well gr8! All bamboo huts and like out back restaurants and bars with leafy rooves.

Am gutted we can't stay here longer, but just gives an excuse to come back to Thailand so we can spend more time here. The guest house we are staying at is called 'Pai in the sky' and just across the road is a little internet cafe called 'Apple Pai'

Anyways dumped our bags at the guest house then jumped in a taxi that looked like it should have been on a banger track. We went for another elephant ride and this time we did bare back (nice sore bum after!) We went through a river and our elephant called 'Phanom' kindly gave us a shower. It was fun!

Then we went to the 'Exotic Spa' resort and used their hot springs bath which was LOVELY! The taxi also took us to see the natural hot springs and they were so hot the locals, were boiling eggs in it!

Afterwards we went back to the guesthouse for a quick shower before headin out to 'Bar Amido's Pizza Garden' which was well yummy and if you give them enough warning they will barbeque you a WHOLE goat with cous cous mmmm!

There was a Reggae festival on while we was in Pai at the 'Treehouse' resort (which looks like something from peter pan!) so it would have been rude not to go. Very cool music and atmosphere but very weird seeing loads of Thai's with dreads!

Steve here, the festival was well good loads of people were sending off lanterns (made from something like tissue paper with a big fat wick hanging at the bottom) which went really high!
me an Gem sent a big one off up to the stars!

While in Pai we found that you can hire bikes and ride them back to Chiang Mai so when we come next time we'll probably do that cos the trip there and back has some very impressive views! and its all windy up an down roads through the mountains.

The Elephant riding was soo good I really love it a million times better than the zoo's, they just mill about round the wood/bamboo elephant huts munching on big piles of bamboo , one was well naughty.. as a truck came in to unload some more bamboo it was taking it off the back like a sneaky kid. Gemma was feeding them, there's nothing between you an them its awesome.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Our paper lanternOur paper lantern
Our paper lantern

We sent this one off for chris x
Me n Stevey boy @ Reggae festivalMe n Stevey boy @ Reggae festival
Me n Stevey boy @ Reggae festival

My cheeks are pink cos believe it or not it gets bloddy cold in Pai at night!


5th February 2007

Pity the poor elephant!!!
Love your pics! just hope the poor old elephant could take the weight (Steven's not Gemma!)
9th February 2007

Can I go back now
PLEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSEEEEE

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb