Day 6 & 7


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 13th 2007
Published: January 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Spent yesterday having a chill out day by the pool mainly at our guest house 'Nice Place 2'

Roch and I had a facial and foot massage yesterday it was well nice I could get quite easily get used to this life. Big WHOOP had an english brekky yesterday and it had beans!! Do you know how happy that made me I miss beans! Just need some Marmite now.

We all went out last night to a really nice restaurant called 'The Riverside' and I had a very Thai meal consisiting of Jacket potato with sour cream, chives and bacon followed by pasta in a tomato sauce with mushrooms then a banana split!.

Today me and steve had a bit of a lay in til 10.30 then we went to some big gay bug museum that was crap! It did have a butterfly house though which was ok. On the way back from that we stopped at a shooting range where Steve got to play with a Pump Action Shotgun! It made him happy-please see picture below for the smugness!

Then we were gonna go back to the Riverside for lunch but it was closed so we went to the place next door called 'Goodview' (the names are well original here!) Steve had noodles with crabmeat and I had a prawn and mushroom dish in oyster sauce with steamed rice all of which was very nice.

Came back to the hotel and chilled out for a bit, well I snoozed in the room while steve socialised with the other guests-bluh!

Have just back from the night bazaar and the buying of pressys for the family. Had a well yummy meal there at this fish place in the middle of the market. I had and clams in chilli and garlic sauce and some lightly battered squid mmm never had clams before but they were good. Steve ordered crab and got 3 of them!

Have gotta go and sort room out now as is 11.15pm and have gotta pack as am off to Pai at 8.30am tomorrow morning.

ps not impressed have been creaming myself up with mossy repellent every night only to be bitten on my bum-didnt think to put cream there!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Dog in clothesDog in clothes
Dog in clothes

They dress their dogs here because it is winter(apparently!) and they worry about them getting cold


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb