Day 5


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 10th 2007
Published: January 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up nice and early for the trek today and had banana on toast for brekky, the bananas here are well yummy.

It took us about 3 quarters of an hour to get to the elephant place and we got to see a little baby one-it was welll sweet I fed it a banana. Me and Steve both went on the same elephant on a seat thing. Our elephant was well naughty. You can buy bags of bananas and sugar cane for 20 baht to feed them on the way round and they know exactly whats in those bags!! It kept stopping every 3 or 4 steps and putting its trunk up for some more.

There was this Canadian lady with her two kids on one and just as we started off a lorry went zooming past on the road and scared their one and it went running of into the jungle!

We got a picture of us on our one from the place and the frame it is in is made from recycled elephant dung-NICE!!!

The waterfall was next it was lovely have got a few pics was a bit of a mission getting down there.

We had a quick stop at a Burmamese hill tribe and I bought a beautiful hand made light blue thai silk neck scarf. One of the locals made Steve try the local roll ups, which consists of banana leaves, tobacco grown in the village and some red powder which they made by grinding up some bitter berry. There were the most cutest litter of black piglets there-they were soo tiny I wanted one.

After the village stop we went on the rafts-oh may days how much fun was that. The guides at the front are well evil they splash you and rock the raft and splash each other with their bamboo canes. They step on each others rafts while they are going down the river and crash into each other whilst shouting 'No wet, No fun!'. Was absolutley drenched by the end but it was such a laugh.

Have just been to Maccy D's and had a double big mac mmmmm and a pineapple pie. Then to my amazement just across the road was the golden coffee shop of all coffee shops a STARBUCKS - yay!!! Am going there for coffee and cake tomorrow how cultural.

Got a tuk tuk back from MacDonalds which is like a trike with a little roof over and a 3 seater sofa at the back. I flagged down the driver who was quite young. Oh my days he was a nut nut he went sooooo fast and was cutting everyone up and squeezing between two cars. I think Bike nearly had a heart attack!

Steve and Bike have now gone to big gay Thai boxing. Roch and I didn't wanna go cos looked rubbish so have stayed at hotel to go online.

Am gonna spend tomorrow just chilling as all the lack of sleep and constant activites has left me a bit zombie like. Need to get a new book as have finished both of mine then me and Roch are going for a Thai massage and facial. Can't wait-do I really have to go back to work at then end of this??


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb