Day 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 9th 2007
Published: January 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Chiang Mai bright and breezy this morning at about half seven after our 12 hour bus ride down here. Our bus was huge! Booked in to a well cute place called 'Nice Place 2' We have a room on the ground floor right by the pool.

We booked a one day trek for tomorrow which takes you up the moutains where you get to ride an elephant, see a beautiful waterfall, then raft back down the river.

Today we hired some mopeds out (I got a pink one!!!) and Sam took us up some mountain here to see another waterfal lwhich was beautiful, then further up there is a view point where you can stop off and look over the whole of Chiang Mai it was pretty impressive then further up the mountain is a Buddhist temple with a big pyramid of gold there. We had to walk up 306 steps yes 306 to get to the temple but it was worth it.

Riding the bike actually in Chiang Mai city centre was pretty scary!!! and Steve bless him burnt his leg on the exhaust while we was going up the mountain.

In the evening we went to the Night Bazzar and I bought a few pressys. Then we went in some randomn bar with Sam for a drink as he is off to Cambodia tomorrow. On the way home me and Roch got some candy floss off a street vendor actually riding down the road on their motobike which was pretty cool!




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb