Day 1, 2 and 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got here safe and sound after our 12 hour flight and met Bike and Roch at the airport. Got a taxi to the Khao San Road which is a lot like Camden. Dumped our bags then went and had a beer and some Pad Thai (noodles!). Steve proceeded to eat three lots of noodles before the night was out!!

The first room we stayed in was not that nice and the beds where well hard. The deciding factor of us moving the next day though was a freaking gecko in the bathroom!! Not Impressed!!!

Steve my knight in England shorts got up early the next day to book us into the pimp hotel across the road which is 750 baht a night (about 10 squid) for the room and it has a pool on the roof it was GREAT!! (see pic). Went for a swim yesterday just before lunch and am gonna go again today after have written this.

Stuff is sooooooo cheap here they do these LOVELY chocolate n banana pancakes on the street which are 20 baht each which is like 40p!! Me and Steve have munched quite a few of those as they are yummy!!

So far I have purchased some fakey no makey brown Gucci sun glasses, a little red over the shoulder silk handbag, a little anklet with shells and bells on and a brown silk cushion cover all for under a tenner - it makes me happy :-).

Am going to Chiang Mai tonight on a night bus. So will write again in a few days.

PS we ate deep fried crispy frogs! They had their heads on a tasted like pork scratchings. Steve also ate a bamboo worm-it was gungy inside and Bike ate a big water beetle that looked like a cockroach! yuk!yuk!yuk!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb