On the road again ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 8th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.8, 98.98

Jai and myself are on the move about 04:30 getting breakfast ready for us all.
There is a little trickle of water coming from the taps so Jai decides to do her best to give the garde a drink whilst I cook.
We leave Khamnadie just after 06:00 and make our first stop a few hours later at Chaephum for a coffee. The hills start about here so we also change driver with everyone changing seats at the same time.
The roads are very quiet today and we make good progress. As the road climbs higher they are busy working to extend the highway from two lanes into four and there is construction work everywhere. Although it will make the journey easier it is also leaving a huge scar passing along the hills through a national park - progress ?!
We stop a few moretimes for coffe, snack and toilets and to change drivers and we are arriving in Chiangmai at about 17:30.
Dave drops us off at Kong Court where we retire to the room for a while. We havent much felt like food all day but are both hungry now we have arrived. Shower - HOT - change and head out to Sugar Bar to say hello to Ben & Bill and to get some food inside us. Ben always thinks that I need feeding up so I know I can rely on a big plate full.
After the short nights sleep last night and a day of travelling we are both tired so call it a night about 21:30 and turn in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb