Last days in Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
October 29th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.8, 98.98

We were lucky in that the weather was hot and sunny whereas the previous week had been rainy. It is the end of the monsoon season and the rains have been particularly bad in Thailand this year with flooding in Bangkok and in the regions around. This meant we relaxed round the pool and ate and drank as there is enough visual beauty in the Dhara Dhevi to keep one happy and we had done all the major sites such as the Elephant Farm, Wat on the top of the mountain and the Orchid Farm before. All well worth doing. We did go into Chiang Mai city a couple of times for Tiz to visit a temple and get blessed by a monk- white string passed around oneself , holy water sprayed over oneself and prayers- (for a donation of course!). Also visited the night market again to buy presents and bargain. There is such lovely stuff in Thailand. We also went to the Good View restaurant by the river and ordered too much food as the portions were bigger than expected but very nice. The Thai restaurant at the Dhara Dhevi which we went to with a good crowd is excellent. The French restaurant which only opened this year was very good too. All evenings out end up in the Horn Bar where Poppy who runs the place is really fun. She gave us a preview of her Halloween outfit- long black wings with which she had trouble getting through doors except for turning sideways. We were sad to leave as it is really an exceptional hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb