raw meat and fish everywhere! help me!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Samut Sakhon
January 15th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=2Q9jBq3manw]Hello everyone!

Erika and I spent the morning exploring the meat and fish market that our city is famous for. If you google Mahachai, Thailand you get two things...the famous Mae Khlong Railway that passes through our town and the fish/meat market. People from Bangkok travel to our city just for the markets. Apparently the fish are the freshest in the area of Bangkok and the cheapest. On the weekend hoards of people fill the markets and purchase their goodies. A trip through these markets is pretty intense. What you see next you will never know!! Pigs head, intestense, heart, brain, feet, cut open fish, fish heads, etc. If you know me... then you know that I absolutley hate raw meat and any sort of fish!! This market in other words is a nightmare for me! I can barely make it past the fish section in an American grocery store!! or cut off fat from raw chicken!! So.. I had to brave one full trip through the corridor of flesh and smells. The market is also in the heart of the Mahachai train station and if you are there at the right time you can see a train make its way out of the market back to Bangkok.

We compiled a youtube video of the market for your viewing pleasure. This blog makes it hard to add a third party video provider, so if you type in Mahachai Samut Sakhon Meat and Fish Market you will find our video. Otherwise, there should be a little link you can click to view the video.

I hope you enjoy!!!

Feel free to leave me some comments! be great to see what you think! 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb