Sunrise, Sunset


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
February 8th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I.
Today I got up early to watch the sun rise. At 6am it's still pitch black but the roosters were crowing so I knew dawn had broken. I raced down to the beach in the darkness.

The waves were crashing on beach as the surf rolled quickly. Bits of light peeked on the horizon from behind a massive cloud. Two men were searching in the water with flashlights, but for what I don't know. The one closest to me acknowledged me but never seemed to find what he was looking for.

The sky slowly grew brighter but the large cloud remained looming over the tip of the island in the distance. Light snuck out from behind it, cashing glows onto the sky and water. A bit of pink began to show. And airplane flew overhead, leaving a trail behind. Eventually it turned pink, too, a single streak across the grey sky.

As the sky grew brighter the cloud refused to move so only the tips of it turned pink. The rest remained whispy grey.

Finally the sky was bright, save but for that stubborn cloud. The waves continued to crash loudly on the beach, seemingly higher than before. I know soon they will retreat back to the gulf.

People started to arrive. It was time to leave. My day had begun.

II.
We took a taxi up the road to where Julie stayed on the island last time she visited. After walking along the beach and taking photos, we had a fabulous dinner and went for dessert. Next it was on to another bar to get beers. We met some German acrobats via the bartender's invitation, but they didn't seem to care whether we were there or not. But we did get them to do a handstand for us.

Went home and crashed, unsure if I would make it up for sunrise again.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Loading up the touristsLoading up the tourists
Loading up the tourists

They blow a whistle and everyone comes running, sometimes only half-packed.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

at a different beach
SunsetSunset
Sunset

at a different beach
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Me in the tidepools


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb