Bangkok or bust ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 19th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

A 30 minute stop at Khorat for toilets and a snack and we resume the treck down to Bangkok. Passing Rancid we turn off to More Sh*t bus station (as the names suggest these are beautiful places !! Leave the bus at 05:10 and have to fight the crowds to get a taxi to the guest house. Banglamphu looks very quiet and they have a room waiting for us upon our arrival. By 06:10 we are strecthed out in the aircon. The bus parked quite near to the taxis so luckily I didnt have to carry bags too far but to make up for tjhis we get a room on the 3rd floor !! Eat some breakfast then out to check out some tailors to get Jai a dress for nephew Chris &M Kim's wedding (thanks folks ?!). We try three shops which was fun in itself and as they were all pretty much the same settled on the last one. We choose the material and the style from a catalogue then they measure Jai up and we leave them to mit for the day. Eat lunch in our usual noodle shop then back to room for the afternoon. I am saving my knee for when it is really needed so instead of going out for a walk this afternoon it is Mission Impossible 2 on the TV. Spend some time on the internet in reception and feel that it is really hot today so perhaps just as well we stayed in the room with the aircon. Walk up to the riverside park in the evening and make my last report in phone call with home. Lots of people in the park tonight and as usual a nice atmosphere here with people practising circus type tricks. Which reminds me; How do you kill a circus ? Go straight for the juggler !!! Sorry about that ... Early evening we go back to the tailors for Jai to try on the first cut and to suggest a few alterations then back to the guest house to eat. Jai returns to the room for one her last doses of Thai TV and I wander down the road a bit for a couple of beers. Sat watching the world go by it strikes me what a sorry crowd most of the travellers make. Dirty and unkempt clothes, odd flip-flops, dreadlocks or shaved heads - and thats just the girls !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb