Leaving South East Asia Kicking and Screaming


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 1st 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post



We are back in Bangkok now after spending the last three months in SE Asia. AS much as we are looking forward to Australia, it's hard to leave a place with white powdery sand beaches, turquoise clear water, friendly people, and some of the best food in the world!

Since I last wrote, we have done a lot. We met my parents in Langkawi, Malaysia for a few days on their way to Australia and spent time on the beach and taking a magnificent cable car ride to see views of hundreds of tiny islands. Mum and dad got to experience their first tropical SE Asian storm too, which led to us ending the afternoon with beer rather than beach!

From there, we headed back to Thailand. We did a great snorkelling trip on the islands of Ko Lanta and Ko Ngai. Scott spotted a leopard shark when we were snorkelling and soon everyone on our trip was there, diving down to it. We were willing it to swim off as we all wanted to see it swim, but it just stayed still at the bottom. I guess 15 snorkellers are no threat if you are a leopard shark?!

We both had our birthdays in Thailand too. Mine was spent with Sam and Chris, a couple we met along the way, getting very ill on double-strength "birthday buckets" filled with vodka, red bull and sprite, and Scott's was spent dancing on the beach at Hat Rin, home of the full moon party!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Meting up with my Parents on LangkawiMeting up with my Parents on Langkawi
Meting up with my Parents on Langkawi

This is the secont time they've met up with us on this trip! I think they're beginning to catch the travel bug!
Storm Clouds moving in!Storm Clouds moving in!
Storm Clouds moving in!

After an idillyc morning on the beach and riding the cable car we made a hasty retreat into the nearest bar!
Ko LantraKo Lantra
Ko Lantra

'Happiness' is - a boat trip in some far flun tropical paradise!


Tot: 0.581s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 22; qc: 85; dbt: 0.4127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb