Bangkok overload?!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 22nd 2006
Published: October 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sat in an internet cafe in Bangkok paying the humongous price of 40 baht (about 55p) an hour! Cant complain I guess!
This is our fifth day in Bangkok which my most peoples standards is a lifetime, we have found it suprisingly ok and found many ways to amuse ourselves...such as seeing buddahs, buddahs and more buddahs...yep i think were all buddah'd out! Apparently Bangkok is the best place to see all that kind of stuff as once you've done it here there's no need to really do it anywhere else as the main/best(?) ones are here...so thats a relief!

Went to the grand palace yesterday which was amazing...all mosaiced over huge huge temples with the tiniest stones and beads...trouble was the heat! was so hot and sticky and our bodies had reverted back to UK time the night before (who knows why) meaning we had about 3 hours sleep...we were hot and exhausted and this place was a tourist hotspot so v v crowded...eurghhhhh!
We left after a wander and walked towards the reclining buddah (which if you've seen the pictures is the huge huge one that is sleeping). Bought a drink on the way and the nice dude who sold us it must have thought we looked hot and bothered as he gave us each a big chunk of ice! was much appreciated but we must have looked a tad starnge stading in the street rubbing ice over ourselves to cool down!
Afetr seeing the buddah 9which was by far the best we've seen and well worth checking out) we went to have a drink and cool down...when some guy offered to tell our fortune...a scam, possibly but we agreed! He was sat at a table and had all these books and charts and things which when we tld him our time, date and country of birth he looked stuff up in...were prob there for about an hour or perhaps a little more and while some things were random some rang quite true! Apparently i am need to slow down, and think before i speak or do something...Dad-where have I heard that before?!!!
Have written down other stuff he said but ndont have it on me now...dont know what i think about this guy but it was just one of those random things we thought why not!

Last night we met the people were doing the our tour with...8 of us all together plus our guide...seems like it will be a good group. Went out for a meal with everyone and ate at a random street restaurent that we have walked past many times and not even considered entering...was delicous tho and we feel fine today! lol!

Getting an overnight train at 6 to head up to chang mai with the group. theres aklso a lot of other groups on the train so should be a laugh..apparently the trains often have a disco carriage which is always pretty surreal...speeding along at 100 mph or so thro mountains etc!

Chilling now and may go get some lunch in a min...had stressfull m,orning as our stuff seems to have grown and neither of us can fit everything in our bags...argh! leaving some at hotel as were back in bangkok in a few days and can picj it up then...its safe (apparently)!

Will be in Chang Mai tomorrow and then trekking up to a tribal village for 3days/2 nights so may be out of touch for a while?
Back in Bangkok again after that...this time no biuddahs!!!

How is everyone? Send us an email or leave a message and let us know whats going on at home?

Lots of love and hugs Claire xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Advertisement



28th October 2006

Happy Birthday
Hello beasty, happy birthday..sorry it's a little late! Nice to hear how things are going, keep up the good work. Lots of love, Laura and Jamie x x

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb