Day 78 Thailand, Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 1st 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,



So today we planned to go to the floating market, however the taxi driver said the ones you see on TV and postcards are actually not in Bangkok but 90km away and the one in Bangkok is not worth going to!!! So to say he pissed on our chips is an understatement!!!



We decided to have an easy day and wander around, update the blogs and chill out preparing ourselves for Singapore!! We found a cafe which was meant to have good internet however turned out to be very slow 😞 We started uploading photos for this blog but it took so long I left it trying to upload and read my book while Vick headed off for a massage!! She wondered around for ages until finally deciding on a place!!



After about 1.15 hours Vick came back and we headed off for lunch!! We have fallen into the habit of eating at the same places as we know they are amazing so we changed and headed to a Vietnamese street vendor and both had noodle soup and shared an papaya salad, it was amazing!! We chatted to a nice Swedish guy who had just arrived and he was going to see this 7 layers waterfalls at a NP, we had not heard of them before and made us jealous that we wasted two days in Bangkok!!!



We headed back to the hostel to watch a spooks and to chill out, we looked for a book shop on the way out but couldn't find one!! (I was sure i had sen one in the morning 😞!!!)



We headed back out at around 1830 to have a beer in this cheap bar before dinner, every one else charges loads more for beer but this place charged 60 baht which is cheap cheap!!! We had a chat and then headed to this amazing street stall for dinner it was amazing like normal!!! We headed back to the hostel to watch the football, we met this guy from Chichester who had been working over here diving inspecting ships hulls. He was a big Arsenal fan but good laugh so we chatted for ages and then stayed to watch the Saints game!! (not talking about that). Vick went to bed at half time but I stayed and got back about an hour later. (and a few beers more)



I am planning to get up early for the Super Bowl in the morning so night all!!!



Love N&V x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb