Day 77 Thailand, Bangkok.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 31st 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



The journey wasn’t too bad, it was definitely better than the train up here in everyway: cheaper, quicker, warmer and quieter. We arrived about 6am, about a 5-minute walk away from our hostel on Khao San road. I booked up Chart Hostel right amongst it all, as last time our hostel was ages away, it was only £4 each a night with private room and en-suite. The reviews on trip adviser are really bad for the place, buy I only checked after I had booked and paid for it. First impressions aren’t bad at all, we were expecting a shared shower and toilet but have our own, the room is basic, has a cold shower and has a few ants but we are really quite pleased. The only thing that could make it awful is if it’s really noisy from the clubs around the road…. We will wait to see tonight.



Today we wanted to go to the Royal Palace; we walked over from the road we’re staying on, which was about 15-20 minutes. When we got there we forgot that we need to cover shoulders and legs to go in L Neil had his trouser legs to zip onto his short, but I had to pay for hire clothes, across the road (hate wasting money). Then when we finally went in, the tickets were 500 baht/£10, just to see the Palace. We thought that was really over priced. We have seen quite a few Palaces, temples, spectacular buildings across Russia, Mongolia, and China that have been no where near that much money. So being the tight buggers we are, we didn’t go in, gave the loaned clothes back and walked back with our tail between our legs. We said we would download a documentary on the Place when we get good Wi-Fi.



For the rest of the day, we wondered around the markets, read our books and found a cheap airport transfer for Monday morning.



We found a good chicken and egg Pad Thai for only 70p for lunch. In the evening we headed out to have some beer and tea. We hadn’t drank any alcohol all week since we had left the UK, so these large Chang’s (and I had a Leo) went straight to our head. We had a good meal that was dirt cheap, then about 10pm we headed back.



The hostel isn’t that loud, it would take a lot to outdo the Phi Phi hostel with the walls vibrating until the early morning with noise. Neil was asleep before his head hit the pillow!!! I managed to finish my book before falling asleep as well!!!



Good night love V&N xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb