Tues day 4!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 20th 2015
Published: January 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

1st proper day in bangkok! After a good nights sleep woke up to music from a near by stall ( the hotel is very near to Khaosan rd) not all together unpleasant tho! Headed out with cameras firmly in hand for a full English breakfast to start the day - only been here 4 days and already missing the tea!! oh dear! Tuk Tuks everywhere so got one to the train station to buy our return sleeper train journey tickets from Chaing Mai back to Bangkok on Saturday. For 500 bahts ( 10 pounds ) got a second class - no air conditioning bed on an 11hr train journey!! fingers crossed!! Our lovely Tuk Tuk chauffeur was waiting to take us to the Grand Palace - home of the King and his family - who are very much worshipped in Thailand. Beautiful golden, sparkly, colourful temples and palaces - photos taken dont really do it justice! We were well and truly palace'd out after 3 hrs of looking round it with about 2 million other tourists!! We walked back to the hotel after for a freshen up before getting another Tuk Tuk ( they really are very good fun!) to a night market were we had a lovely street curry where they had bowls of sage leaves,lettuce, cooked and raw egg, cucumber, beansprouts, and green beans!! not sure quite what we were meant to do with them all - but when in rome!! Caught our last Bangkok Tuk Tuk (for now!) back to the hotel via going to see a golden buddha standing 3 metres tall and weighing 5.5 tonnes!! the china town gate and Khao san rd to pick up a bracelet, a t-shirt and some dessert from a street stall, then to pack for an early flight to Chiang Mai.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb