weds day 5!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 23rd 2015
Published: January 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was like getting up for a shift!! alarm went off at 4.40! ouch!! for a 7.30 flight north to Chiang Mai - so got a taxi to the airport ( a 40 min ride costs 6 pounds!) but got stung by Air Asia for a extra fee of 20 pounds for excess baggage!!! wont be doing that again! An hrs flight and we landed at Chiang Mai for 9am so got to the hotel, had a bit of a nightmare with being offered a dirty room with someone elses clothes left in the wardrobe ( wouldnt of minded if they fitted!) so got upgraded. Headed out to the river ping and met a very nice american chap called Mike who offered to walk us up to a market - run by thais for Thais where we bought some authentic thai paste for curries - amazing! We brought some peanut brittle and a lovely spicy dish with a vegetable similar to cucumber. Back at the hotel we had a power nap lasting 3hrs!! Headed out after for a couple of drinks and while i was sat outside the hotel a very sweet 5yr old Thai girl came up to me, so i asked her to write something in my note pad - i think shes written her name ( will check with Cream!) we shook hands and off she went - cute!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1023.4kb