Mon day 3!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 20th 2015
Published: January 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Bit of an earlier start today - got up at 9! to an empty house as Ted and Wan had taken Cream to school for a test all in Thai ( which was a pointless exercise as she has been living in NZ for the last 5yrs - and shes only 15!!) Michelle and i headed out around the local suburbs to find breakfast in the form of fried bananas - which were yummy! and another variant of Thai green tea ( which some examples are an acquired taste!!) got back pottered on the net for hotels in central Bangkok, Chaing Mai and how to get to both. Had to book a 1hr flight to Chaing Mai as no sleeper trains left! getting from Teds in Prawet to central Bangkok was much more straight forward - taxi pretty much outside the front door ( with a bit of bartering from Wan) 4 pounds later and we arrive at hello Hotel smack bang in the middle of bustling Bangkok!! After settling into the comfortable hotel ( a huge 8 pounds a night each!) we headed out to the famous Khaosan rd - very crazy tourist central - but good fun - anything from outside massages, street venders selling everything from tailored suits to fried crickets. Dinner tonight was typical thai street food Pad Thai noodles, chicken on skewers and spring rolls - washed down with Black Russians x3!!!hic! wobbled our way back to the hotel after a mini tour around china town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb