Lumbini- Birth Place of Gautama Buddha


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 29th 2014
Published: October 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Lumbini, which is world renowned as the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, is a place located in the Rupandehi District of Nepal. This place holds a very high significance in the Pilgrimage for Buddhist Tourists.

Location of Lumbini

Lumbini is present in the Terai of Nepal and is present at the distance of around 250 kms of Kathmandu towards Southwest direction. When considered from an Indian Place, the place is located at the distance of just 89 kms from Gorakhpur, which is yet another spot for Buddhism Relevance.

Features and Places of Visit at Lumbini

Lumbini has several places which hold a high attraction during the visit. Such is the importance of the sites and the place of Lumbini that the place is being developed with the International Support. The presence of shrines at Lumbini, which are being developed by different countries, gives the place a feel of universal bond and an international look. The places of interest at Lumbini may be listed as below:


MayaDevi Temple- Many claim this place as the exact place for the birth of Gautama Buddha and is situated on one side of the Ashokan Pillar.
Sacred Garden- The most significant place of Lumbini. Numerous signs and treasures of Buddha times are located here. The Myanmar Temple, International Gautami Nuns temple, China Temple, The Nepal Buddha Temple are some of the works present here.
Ashoka Pillar- An inscription stating that the site is the birthplace of Gautama Buddha. It is located near Sacred Garden.
Pushkarni Pond- Many believe that Maya Devi took bath before giving birth to Buddha.
Kapilvastu Museum- Coins, Pottery, Ornaments, Jewelry and toys of the 7th Century and the 4thCentury AD are present here.
The Lumbini Museum- Mauryan and Kushana coins, religious manuscripts, terracotta fragments and stone and metal sculpture along with an extensive collection of stamps from various countries are present here.


Head to the tour of Lumbini, Book your Package now with Ambika Tours! Visit: http://www.ambikatours.com/holiday-packages/mahaparinirvan-express-train-tour-2014-2015/424/ to know more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb