Stop in BKK before Cambodia


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 20th 2011
Published: November 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived in Bangkok we took a taxi to Kao Sahn Road. We found the hotel that I had stayed in with my parents a couple of years before, Kao Sahn Palace Inn. It had now been renovated and I almost couldnt recognize it. The first time we stayed there the fan was very close to falling out of the roof and everything else also looked like it was going to fall apart. Now it was all new and shiny, and we also had to pay 800 bath, which was way more than the first time we stayed there, probably double the original price. But we wanted to stay there because they had a roof top pool, which is very crucial in the heat and small closed streets in Bangkok where you have no way of escaping the heat elsewhere.

We hurried to the pool and swam for a bit, it was about 7 in the evening. After a bath we went down to get some THAI DINNER!! Yummy.. Garlic pepper chicken, which I had been longing for, for quite some time. After this we passed the tattoo shop where I got my first tattoo on New Years eve 08/09, a lot of memories for me in these streets.

After this we went to a bar and for the first time, Stefanie finished an entire beer. Momma was very proud. We talked to a guy from Austria, who seemed very nice, but in the end we found him too drunk and annoying which is something that happens a lot on Kao Sahn road. After this we found a different bar where we could watch some breakdancers on the street.

The day after, we got up a bit late. We went for a tuna sandwich and had some of the worlds best orange juice, which you can only buy on Kao Sahn. After that we found some mosquito spray, the green Sketolene which did not keep the mosquitoes away from me in the end. Nothing works!

We went to the pool again, but unfortunately it started raining. We had some good thai lunch and then went around looking at all the shops. When the sun came out we hurried back to the pool, another lazy day! In the evening: More thai food, more drinks, western halfway ladyboy dancing, saw a thai guy who did some very impressing of tricks with a soccer ball, eating corn from the street kitchen and then to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb