Bangkok (day 3)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 17th 2012
Published: May 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Roti Skillz 21 secs
2: The Whirling Tarik Maker 20 secs
...in which we climbed a pile of rubble, wandered through little India, got on a boat, saw some things noone should see, got rained on, and left Bangkok on a "first class" train...



We went to the nearby temple which you can climb to the top to get a good view of the city. Most temples required you to remove your shoes before entry, and have signs making that request. This temple had signs telling you to NOT remove your shoes. It was very confusing - like seeing a sign saying "Dry Paint" stuck on a park bench. A few tourists were milling around the door holding their shoes and looking confused.

After the temple, we went down through little India, and then caught one of the boats that travel up and down the river. We got off near the medical school/hospital and stopped to watch a couple of food entertainers. One was making some awesome roti, and the other was making tarik drinks (green tea, chocolate, tea or coffee). See the videos below.

From there we went into the medical school museums - these included the forensic museum, the parasite museum, an anatomy museum and
GongGongGong

Red Simons?
a history of medicine one (I think). The forensic one was pretty intense to say the least featuring photos (and bits) of car accident victims, assault victims, and a lot of gross images. The parasite one made you not want to touch, eat, smell or go near ANYTHING! The anatomy one had a lot of preserved babies with various conditions. Yeah, also pretty gross.

We then headed back to the Kao Sahn road area to take our minds off what we had just seen. Thankfully our tummies settled down, because we had the best meal for lunch that we've had anywhere so far.

We slowly wandered back to the hotel, chilled out for a bit and then went and caught the train.

ahhh... the train... first class luxury SE Asia style. 😊 Around 15 hours later we got into Chiang Mai.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

NomsNoms
Noms

Egg Pancake roti things for breakfast. Coated in condensed milk of course! By the way - Thai for "milk" is "nom"!
Yummy yumYummy yum
Yummy yum

This was sooo good. I wanna go back just to eat this again.
Beware the White RabbitBeware the White Rabbit
Beware the White Rabbit

I don't understand.
The Buddhist OutlookThe Buddhist Outlook
The Buddhist Outlook

Thankyou Taliban!


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb