Damnoen Sudak


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 8th 2005
Published: April 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Went out to the floating markets this morning. It was really cool to go to, though it's mostly tourists now and not very authentic unless you get there at 6am apparently. It was good to get away from the city and see something different. We went on a ride on a long tail boat to the markets, and then went on a paddle boat thing at the markets. I met 2 Norweigan girls who've been travelling around India for the last 2 1/2 months, and are heading to southern Thailand tomorrow. There was also a German couple on the trip, and a guy from Essex who is travelling around Thailand before going to Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and California.

This afternoon I caught a tuk-tuk to Pratunum, the Indian district. There's hardly and tourists out there at all, the markets are kind of tucked away. The amount and types of material is phenomenal - silk, cotton, lace, tulle, snakeskin, even fur - in every colour and pattern imaginable.

Everything here is so cheap, last night at the grocery store I bought 2 litres of water and some snacks and it only cost me 70B. On the street I bought
Pineapple SticksPineapple SticksPineapple Sticks

mmm..... pineapple.... only 20 baht
some sweet Thai dessert things. Not sure what they were, they looked like squares of jelly and tasted like egg, coconut and rice, one was fluro pink and the other was white, for 6B. I gave the girl 10B and told her not to worry about the change and she was so confused and trying to tell me it was only 6B.

Had some 'chicken steaks' for dinner so far, am going to wander into Khao San soon for the night markets and might get some of my photos printed out.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb