Three headed Elephants, tigers and Wandee


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 2nd 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wanna get high?



After our day of shopping and some rest before heading for happy hour in the lounge we decided that we were going to have dinner on the roof which would be a very special treat for the boys, the views spectacular and the food wonderful I think that they felt on top of the world. After some fresh hot bread and a few cocktails our first course came out french onion soup followed by Garlic King Prawns for Matt, Wagyu steak for Tim and a fondue for us with sides of chips and roasted vegies....Yum we were all in heaven or dam close.

We all sat back and enjoyed the fantastic views and all had a laugh and desided that Dessert was not an option as we were all full as a goog. We headed down to the lobby to our two favarite singers and after a few more cocktails Matt was looking a bit worse for wear so he went to bed and we decided to go for massage just down the road. Both Tim and Colli were snoring before they even got to the second foot, we headed back to our rooms for some much needed sleep as we were being picked up at 6:30am to go to the Tiger Temple and Erawan Falls.


Erawan Waterfall



Our Alarm went off loud at 5am so we got ourselves together and wondered down to breakfast. We were to be picked up at 6:30am so breakfast was to be very quick as we were running out of time but really didn't bother me as I always find it hard to eat that time of morning anyway, the boys finally joined us with toothpicks holding their eyes open and a little blood shot from the night before but still managed to put away a sizable breaky.

We went out the front of the hotel to wait for Wandee but she was already waiting for us. After greeting us warmly she shuffled us into the van and off we went and that would be the start of close to 4hrs of driving before we got to the waterfalls. We got maybe 30min into the drive and Mat was spread out on the back seat sleeping....Tim was not far behind he lasted maybe another 30mins after Mat followed closely by Colli.

After arriving at the falls and stopping for drinks and the bathroom we started the trek from the carpark to the first level of the falls which was around 500 metres and well worth the walk. The water is a magnificent blue colour due to the calcium carbonate content and absolutely teaming with fish. We only had time to do the first three levels with each one being more spectacular than the one before and the terrain of the forest floor getting more difficult to navigate as well. The fish here are only to happy to provide doctor services that can be found in many high priced spa's around the world free of charge and even gave Mat a head start cleaning up his badly infected toes as long as he could stand to leave his foot in the water in between squealing.

Making our way back to the car with Mat's foot now looking a lot better we decided that it would be a good idea to stop for lunch somewhere along the way before we got to the Tiger Temple. After driving for around 45 minutes we reached a restaurant and sat down to an awesome and cheap Thai lunch.

With full bellies we headed of to go play with the tigers and arrived just in time to have photos taken walking to the valley with the Abbott and the last tiger before joining the activities program which was either Cub feeding or Exercise with the 12 month old tigers which included bath time all for the price of 1000 BAHT. While waiting to be called for our tiger experience Mat had his photo's with some 3month old tiger cubs laying under the tree and having an afternoon sleep as it was so hot.

Tim and Mat were called to go into the tiger enclosure for their time with the tigers as we had to wait till they came out because there was not enough space for all four of us to go in together, the next minute Tim came back around the corner and said that he had changed his mind and would rather go in with the cubs but there was no room available so he missed out and Mat went in on his own and played happily with the "BIG Kitty's" he was having a ball and unleashing some built up energy.
After Mat came out it was our time to play and I was quite happy to stand back and let Paul have all the the fun. I was happy to watch this time round, take photos and take in all their beauty.

It was starting to get on in the afternoon and we still had a 4hr+ journey home so we all piled back into the van and started our way home when Paul asked the boys if they would like to see the Bridge over the River Kwai and take some photos which they did and again back into the van and Tim was out within the first 5 mins Mat this time around took time to take in some of the country side and then got bored and joined Tim in La La land.

It was a long drive back hit much traffic and by the time we got back to the hotel around 7:15pm. Wandee gave us both a hug as we all said goodbye before we headed up to the Executive lounge to have a few drinks and ordered up room service and was in for the rest of the night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 196, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb