Ralph


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 4th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

One Night in Bangkok



Monday Morning was a slow start to the day as we had a much wanted sleep in and took our time to wonder down to breakfast, the boys were up early and had already had breaky and where on the move to go back to MBK for some last minute shopping.
We had planned to meet up at 1pm to go Cabbages & Condoms which is a restaurant about 30 minutes away by train and foot and had the most awesome Thai food and is quite reasonably priced and both boys wanted to go so they could get their stash of free condoms 😉

After lunch we made our way back to the hotel to have our last night in the Exec Lounge and did the boys make the most of it, they were there before us and had already had many drinks and were having a great time out on the balcony talking to a couple from New Zealand.

We joined them outside after a while and both the boys were very much tanked! we thought dinner and some food would be a good thing so we headed off to Tesco to have pizza. We ordered our dinner when we noticed that Mat had gone quiet which anybody that knows Mat would understand that is not a good sign...Tim was doing only marginally better and managed to inhale his mushroom carbonara and a piece of Mat's pizza that Mat had stopped eating and was trying to focus on the wall as he said the room was spinning........

He excused himself and went off to the toilets and Paul followed close behind to see if he was ok. He came back with a big grin on his face i must add to inform us that there was a lot of noises coming from the toilet. Mat emerged sometime later assuring us that he had held it together but we all had our doubts.

After what turned out to be the least we have ever seen Mat eat we headed back to the hotel and up to the lounge to listen to our favourite singers only to find someone else sitting at the piano as Judy was finishing one of the numbers. As we sat Mat was starting to look even more pale then normal but was still maintaining that he was ok and starting to feel much better. We spoke to Judy in between sets and met Bert's temporary replacement GG who was filling in while Bert finished some business and spent a bit of time with his wife. Mat excused himself and went to the toilet for the 2nd or 3rd time since we sat in the lounge and disappeared for a while but came back claiming all was good.

Judy had sung a few numbers and was in the middle of another when Mat got up fairly quickly heading straight for the toilet but unfortunately for everyone couldn't quite make it spraying the wall next to the pot plant a few metres away from where Judy
was singing and a few other places on the floor between there and the toilet. Emerging around 10 minutes later looking very green and stepping in one of the puddles he had left on his way past he already had 1000 baht in his hand giving to Tim to make good on the bet they had made earlier over pizza that one of them would be spewing before the night was over feeling sorry for himself and slinking off to bed with the assistance of Tim.

We are still not sure how Judy managed to hold herself together after she had enjoyed her day off with a bit too much tequila herself the day before but she kept on singing in between laughing and getting the staff to get the cleaners and communicating to us with hand signals and facial expressions how bad the smell was. All we could do was laugh at Mat's expense apologise, give the cleaner a big tip and hang our heads in embarrassment then laugh some more.

After finishing for the night Judy came over to talk to us and it was then she informed us that it was the first time anyone had ever thrown up everywhere in the lounge bar since the hotel had opened so now Mat can be remembered as the original title holder and no doubt a title he would rather not have received on the last night of his first trip to Bangkok.

We sadly said goodbye to Judy downstairs and left her waiting for a taxi while heading off for our last massage in Bangkok where Tim soon passed out in the chair within a few minutes and stayed that way while myself, Colli and the Thai girls laughed at his expense especially when they had trouble waking him to have his shoulders and head done but he just layed there with his mouth open snoring so I took a photo much to the amusement of the girls.

Well that's about it for Bangkok sorry for the delay posting and the combo of events, it has been 2 pretty long ones as we had problems with the website on the days before leaving Bangkok and the internet in Phuket can be a bit temperamental so if you made it to the end you are just about up to date and I'll try and keep the next one short


Advertisement



6th October 2011

could have chosen better place
Well what a place to throw up and looks like Tim had good sleep. Keep enjoying and the boys might have to reduce there intake

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb