Flight to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 13th 2010
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we did something that we have never done before - we dropped the puppies off at the kennels!! Unfortunately we couldn’t find anyone to dog sit for us this holiday so Gidget and Finbar were booked into the kennels for three and a half weeks. I don’t know why we were so bothered. Gidget went off with the vet nurse without so much as a backward glance! Finbar did give us a brief glance over his shoulder, but then decided that it was fine by him to go with Gidget and a complete stranger rather than worry about what Mum and Dad were doing!!

After dropping the fur kids off, we finished getting ready at home and then headed for the airport. Due to a slight misinterpretation of the signage for the new section of freeway that takes travellers to the Bolte Bridge, we took the scenic route to the airport via the Westgate Bridge and the Western Ring Road. Hmmmn - we probably won’t make that mistake again, now that we know which lane it is that goes to the Bolte Bridge!!

We checked in smoothly and were pleased to be able to book our bags right through to Bangkok. It was good to know that we would only have to worry about getting ourselves to the international terminal at Sydney and not us and our bags!

After a smooth transfer at Sydney airport we enjoyed an entirely uneventful flight aboard BA010 to Bangkok. Actually, I tell a lie - the in-flight journey display went haywire and we spent half the flight thinking that the flight would be an hour longer than it actually was?! It was a nice surprise when the flight crew advised us that we would be landing in about an hour when we thought that we still had two hours flight time! And speaking of landing, I have to make mention here that Captain Dundas executed what would have to be the smoothest landing that we have ever experienced!!

At Bangkok airport we took the shuttle bus to the airport hotel where we checked into a very sumptuous room for the night. With a flight to Phnom Penh about lunchtime on Sunday we decided to splurge on the airport hotel rather than travel further from the airport for cheaper accommodation only to find ourselves sleeping for a couple of hours before heading back to the airport!! The room was lovely and the king size bed to die for! I wonder if we can fit a king size
bed in our room????


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb