Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 28th 2009
Published: February 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok was very hot again. We got up late and decided to get back on bus 53 and go to Chinatown. We had Dim Sum and a wander, but so hot it was uncomfortable. We then went to Jim Thompson House, this was very interesting and no hard sell. They do tours of the house and garden, the house was built from six old teak houses. As we wandered I wash wishing we had bought some of the antiques we saw in Luang Prabang, as we were seeing such similar pieces in here. So hard to know what to buy when you are travelling. From here we walked to MBK which is a cross between a market and a department store, but airconditioned. The kids loved it, and the boys could get some PSP Games. It is massive, and so many stores, and also has brand names. We then headed down to Suan Lum night markets/ another reasonable good one with a food court. Had some dinner and looked around, aside from the usual stuff, had a nice home wares section where we spent a bit of time. We had intended to go to Patpong and show the kids another side of Bangkok, but getting too late, so head home for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.3336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb