Lopburi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Lopburi
December 28th 2009
Published: February 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monkeys everywhereMonkeys everywhereMonkeys everywhere

Lopburi is the Monkey City
We had decided to get off at Lopburi and have a look around. The train was so cold it was hard to sleep. I couldn't believe they would have it so cold, you got a cotton blanket, but that wasn't enough. The kids had jumpers, but I haven't needed anything more than a shirt, so was very uncomfortable.

We do like getting off the train as the city wakes up. It is a great way to learn about what a city is like. Lopburi is famous for its monkeys, and it didn't take too long to get an introduction. They were everywhere. We wandered through town, and look around, not the nicest of cities, and by 9.00 it was hot. We continued our way around and then went back to the train station. We had decided not to stay, so bought tickets for the 11.00 train, and then looked at some ruins before getting on the train. The site was an old Wat and associated buildings, and was very interesting. Not many of the statues have heads or hands as they have been stolen for antique collectors in Europe over the years. There were only a few left intact which is very sad.

We then headed off to Bangkok, wooden seats in the train and about a three hour trip. When we got to Bangkok, Christine decided we were going to Banglamphu by public bus, of course after waiting a while Harry had to go to the toilet, so we missed that bus, we waited another 20 minutes for the next one. Well this is a great way to see Bangkok, but not to get to your accommodation quickly. An hour and 40 minutes later we were there, but nothing booked in the busiest week of the year. Christine wanted hot water which knocks out a number of the places, and after some wandering and Corry yelling at Christine, in fact anyone that spoke, we decided to go back to Bangkok house. They don't have hot water, but it is very clean, comfortable and secure, and they had the rooms we stayed in last time. Bangkok was so hot that that cold shower really wasn't too bad. We found some restaurants in a little Soi and had a nice dinner and went back, after a very long day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Liam TattooLiam Tattoo
Liam Tattoo

The locals love the tattoo on Liam, we think there might be something going on with the scorpian


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb