5 nights in bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 23rd 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We seem to have found our favorite activity in bangkok. Sitting at the Wild Orchid on soi chanasongkram, sipping drinks and watching people go by. The music they play ranges from sappy ballads and muzak versions of villiage people songs all the way to breakestra.

The city is very intense, but you just need to be firm with all the touts and keep walking. If you stop you will be accosted and have trouble getting away.

One thing that makes me sad is all the homeless soi dogs wandering the streets, they're so damn cute, but i know theyve got mange and a variety of other nasties, so sadly i cant pet them. I miss Zeus.

yesterday was a really fun day, We went down to khao san road again, this time we indulged in a fish foot massage. Essentially, you put your feet in a giant aquarium full of what the man told us were "doctor" fish. The fish then proceed to bite all the dead skin off of your feet and also tickle the crap out of you. That was a really cool experience.












I bought a guitar the other day, after some tough negotiations i walked away with a nice orangeburst plum blossom guitar and case for 1750 baht. I'm very happy to have that never ending source of entertainment now.

Today we're going to saim ocean world, which is like sea world in a giant thai mall. I'm really excited to see all sorts of sharks and penguins and whatnot.

Plans changed a bit, we couldnt get a sleeper train to the south for a couple more days, so we booked a couple more days at the happy house and will surely find some way to fill the time. Though i must say, I understand why people say they want to get out of bangkok as fast as possible, its really overwhelming.

Tomorrow we're going to check out the weekend market, which is supposed to be like 15 square kilometers of vendors, shops and stands. Promises to be insane i'm sure.

Thanks for all the kind words, remember you can see all my pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/CaryBilcowski I'll update again in a couple days, or whenever is convienent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb