If I ever get out of this place....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 25th 2010
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are, it's monday afternoon and we're waiting until 6 so we can hop on a train to krabi. Bangkok is pretty awesome but we're both about done with it. The smog and the crowds are way more than i ever imagined. I'm doing my best to be calm and tolerent, but i'm pretty sure that the next bengali tailor who tries to physically pull me into his shop is going to get an earfull of angry cursing.


Saturday we went to ocean world, it was totally amazing, I saw all sorts of crazy fish, turtles, penguins and more. Not to mention that the place was inside the biggest mall i've ever seen. (and ive been to edmonton and minneapolis) Some of the tanks must be in the hundreds of thousands of gallons. Just look at the pictures, you'll see.

For some reason its not letting me embed photos here, ( i took over 100) but as usual they can all be seen at picasaweb. If any of the pictures don't make any sense to you, and I'm sure a few won't, feel free to ask, I probably have a story behind them.


Yesterday was wild, we visited the chatuchak weekend market, which was soo insanely big. We walked for hours and didnt even see a fraction of it all. You can buy anything there, from viagra to puppies with all sorts of clothes, foods and other nonsense as well. We're going to stop there again on the way home and load oursleves up with everything we can carry.

We just checked out of the happy house, where one of the staff members, who calls me buddah, rubbed my belly for good luck on the way out. The thai sure are a strange breed.

We're going to stay at the K guest house in krabi town for one night, and then off to one of the surrounding beaches or islands for some umbrella drinks and sun worship. We're still trying to decide between Ao Nang, Haad Napthra thara (or however you spell it) or the island of Koh Lanta, I think we'll play it by ear and do whatever feels natural.

Anyhow, i'm running out of words, so i'll stop now. But i'll update again soon.

I miss you all, but not the snow.

-Cary

Advertisement



25th January 2010

How could you not miss snow?!
Glad to hear you're leaving Bangkok, it sounds like my worst nightmare! Your pictures are awesome; sea world looked insane! Enjoy the beaches and make sure you drink an extra dozen or so umbrella drinks for the rest of us stuck in winterland. :)

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb