Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 24th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

So after I last wrote I left the love nest at the Rajapruek Resort on Koh Samui and went to the Samui Reef View Resort near Lamai Beach (on the opposite side of the island) and had 5 days of lying by the pool while the sun was out, reading lots of books and exploring the muslim village down the road and beaches and watching endless dvd's while the rain came down....we had 3 days of solid rain which put a dampner on things but was not big deal as there wasn't anything I really wanted to do. I met a couple from the UK and had a rather large night on the red wines at the resort....we all had very sore heads the next day!

When it finally came time to leave paradise I had decided to catch the ferry and bus back to Bangkok in an effort to see a bit more of the country but pretty soon after leaving the dock at Nathon the seas opened up and we were in huge swells with waves crashing over the boat (I must advise you that the boat was no bigger than the Waiheke cat for Aucklanders or the Manly fast cat for Sydneyites) and t was really scarey!!. Luckily I'd only had a cup of coffee before leaving but a lot of people ended up throwing up their breakfasts into the plastic bags that the staff were busy passing around, all in all not an experience I wish to repeat! So after 3 1/2 hours of that we finally arrived at the mainland and then piled onto a bus for the 7 1/2 hour trip to Bangkok which went pretty quickly due to the back to back movies screaming out through the bus.

The next 3 days were spent in Bangkok revisiting the huge markets at Chatachuck, seeing the teak mansion and wandering around the city. I managed to pull the ligaments in my right foot so took things pretty slowly....it seems to be on the mend now with a bit of voltarin gel, an ankle brace thing an a bit of rest which is good given that I was heading towards the temple mecca of Angkor Wat!!!

Catch you later :-)
Trace

Advertisement



30th November 2009

Drunken Poms.....
Hi Tracey... am assuming that the drunken UK people you met were us ?? You were a very bad influence, thats all I can say :)) We will have to endure the boat trip in the next 3 weeks.. am just hoping its a bit calmer than your trip.. horrendous. Not long before we are back to reality too.. :( Was great to meet you xx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb