Tasty thai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 15th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally, after much anticipation, I have arrived in Thailand. And quite frankly i'm having an amasing time - yeah the s is in place of the letter on this keyboard which doesnt work). I was very late getting in to bangkok on friday night as my plane was delayed. But stayed at a really nice hostel pretty close to the airport so that was ok. Met up with Kev fine the next day and we both headed in to the city centre together. The hostel we'd picked wasn't as close to the action as we had hoped it would be, but it is fine and the walking is good for us (or so i've told myself!) We went to see Koh San Road, the main tourist spot here...and i'm definitely glad i'm not stayign right there as its pretty manic. We also sussed out some other places to stay if and when we head back here later on in our trip. Had my first thai massage (despite certain other people's horror stories!) which was amasing, esp after carrying my heavy backpack aroudn for sooo long! we also had a couple of really great meals. I've not had much thai food before, but i am loving it!! Have been eating lots of street vendor food too, and haven't been ill once. I think its just because its a bit cleaner here than many of the big cities in india. So yeah good cheap cheap food.

The following day was apparently a buddhist holiday...or was it? we've heard it might just've been a tourist scam...but we ended up getting a free tuk tuk aroudn the place....seeing a few of the buddhist temples and also being taken to shops so that the tuk tuk driver could earn his free petrol tokens. Kev and i got a little bored of telling people we didnt have any intention of buying anything as soon as we walked in the door. but we've managed not to be sold anythnig, so i guess that's a result! In the evening we found a psytrance stall selling buckets (of alcohol) and headed to a club. it was a bit of a crasy night, but we made a few friends which was cooool. In fact travellers here are generally so chatty. Its been a wicked few days.

Today was pretty unproductive, altho we did pick up our bus ticket for our trip to Cambodia tomorrow. The the skies opened and i'm not sure its stopped raining yet!

Going to Battambang tomorrow, and then onto Siem Reap later in the week. Looking forward to seeing Angkor Wat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb