break from our vacation


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 14th 2009
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were supposed to stay a total of 22 days in the Philippines. That meant endless family reunions and outings. I love, love, love spending time with my family but this also our chance to have willing and trusted people to look after our kids. So wifey and myself wanting to have much needed alone time, left our kids to the loving care of my family and flew for a 3 day vacation to Bangkok. It was our second time in Bangkok, and we're not really out in Thailand for some heavy traveling. We just want to enjoy some solitary moment with sprinkle of nice Thai culture, Thai food and lots of shopping.

One thing that made our trip memorable was when got lost on a local bus that took us around Bangkok. It was so local that it was even a free bus. I love getting lost, you get to feel the real vibe of the country.

Worst part was when we wasted precious time of our rest and relaxation going to Khao San Road. Definitely not our scene. It was a foreigner ghetto dirty and all -- where you can see a whole Caucasian family with their 7 and 5 year old kids all wearing dreadlocks, alongside hookers trying to score with Euro trash everywhere.

But all in all, I will always love Bangkok. The first foreign city I have ever been. Its was nice going back to this city after 10 long years. I am just hoping we'll have more time and motivation in the future to explore more of Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



24th September 2009

hey
hi there. nice to know you had a good vacay here in philippines and found a break to spend in bangkok. Boracay still ranks among my favorites.

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb